The use of aptitude tests provides significant comparative advantages over conventional methods used. These advantages refer to the following issues:
- objectivity, since the grading is not dependent on the scorer
- standardization, since the process is fully controlled and determines the comparability of the score
- reliability, since it quantifies and minimizes the potential error
- validity, since these tests offer predictability with great precision
- discriminability (the ability to discriminate) between different levels of measurement.
Through ability tests one can assess the person’s insight in specific areas of competence, thus allowing a safe prediction of the performance of the individual in his / her work (what one can do).